This is the Day that the Lord Hath Made

Today the sun was shining...it was cold because the Texas wind can be cold! We got to church in time to put up the vestments, put up the correct calendars, and make fliers for Daughters of the King and a Quilting/Craft Ministry. We also had 45 people in church...this is up from the low 30's two months ago. Next Sunday is our annual meeting, and we were planning that, too.

I drew and watercolored the flower again, and I DO NOT like it either. So I will just keep on keeping on...perhaps white flowers were not good subjects.

But, again this was a good day! I think I'm getting a handle on the blood pressure and begin using the treadmill again.

God bless you all...and have a wonderful week.

This was our Gospel reading for today:

Luke 4:14-21

Jesus, filled with the power of the Spirit, returned to Galilee, and a report about him spread through all the surrounding country. He began to teach in their synagogues and was praised by everyone.

When he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, he went to the synagogue on the sabbath day, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written:

'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives
and recovery of sight to the blind,
to let the oppressed go free,
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."
And he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant, and sat down. The eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. Then he began to say to them, "Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."

Comments

Werna Gail said…
the only thing I see lacking on these flowers is the bright yellow so maybe just a little more color, they are very well drawn. You have a fine looking son, no wonder you are so proud of him. Rejoicing and being glad in every day that the Lord has made. BE BLESSED
Terry said…
Dear Sioux...Oh Boy! When I saw the first flower that you drew, although it was nice, I thought I liked your cat pictures better but then when I came here just now and saw that little yellow flower, it seemed so alive!! I don't see why YOU don't like it Sioux...It is so pretty and living!!
And like your friend said a little more color woud make it seem even MORE alive!! For the Spring!!

That is such a moving passage that you wrote down here. I have always loved it and also the passage that the Lord read that says He has come to heal the broken hearted!...How nice!

You take care my special friend....Love Terry
Beemoosie said…
I think your flower is beautiful! I can't draw a lick, so I admire those who can; and YOU CAN very well! Thank you for sharing the scriptures.
Anonymous said…
Your flowers are great. I think we are very critical of our own work. Glad you BP is staying down.
Gill said…
Awesome scripture. And the flower is beautiful!
It needs nothing changed. You are very good at watercolours~!
gma said…
Hi Souix....sending love to you this day and every day....so happy your BP is better....
Pam Aries said…
your drawings are always great! Just dropping in to say hi and see how you are doing! Yay!
Mrs. Goodneedle said…
The flowers are wonderful, I do imagine it's hard to capture all the nuances of a white flower, though; however--you really have a knack. When we were planning our daughter's wedding the florist told us that although not every flower is available in every color (duh!)every flower is available in WHITE. I didn't know that, haven't really ever set out to prove or disprove that,either; but found it of interest nonetheless.
jel said…
Hey Sioux,

thanks for the e-mail,


very cool blog!

blessings
Susan said…
These are much better than the first ones, so maybe a 3rd time will be the one you like?
Felicity Grace said…
I like this as it highlights the negative space which I find really interesting.

Popular Posts