This is the Day that the Lord Hath Made
I drew and watercolored the flower again, and I DO NOT like it either. So I will just keep on keeping on...perhaps white flowers were not good subjects.
But, again this was a good day! I think I'm getting a handle on the blood pressure and begin using the treadmill again.
God bless you all...and have a wonderful week.
This was our Gospel reading for today:
Jesus, filled with the power of the Spirit, returned to Galilee, and a report about him spread through all the surrounding country. He began to teach in their synagogues and was praised by everyone.
When he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, he went to the synagogue on the sabbath day, as was his custom. He stood up to read, and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written:
- 'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
- because he has anointed me
- to bring good news to the poor.
- He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives
- and recovery of sight to the blind,
- to let the oppressed go free,
- to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."