Lisa at Joyful Noise Christian School challenged us to the following quiz, which is known as the Farkleberry Five. It was sent to Farkleberry by Yen. The challenge is to list 5 little known things about yourself. Here are mine.
- I have a scar on the palm of my right hand where I fell on the floor furnace as a child...while running away from my daddy because I had misbehaved. I could add the next to as two more, but they are the same thing, sort of. I have a scar on my right eyebrow where I ran into the edge of the door. Why? Because I had misbehaved, and I was running from my father. AND. I have a scar on my back where I cut it on the pick up while trying to get out of the bed of the truck...WHY...well, you know the reason. BTW, if any of you remember the song, Daddy's Hands, it is very much about my daddy. He loved me when I was good, and he paddled me when I wasn't. He was a wonderful daddy! I, however, misbehaved A LOT!
- Once I was standing in the kitchen of an old house I lived in in the country when a mouse ran across my feet. I thought I would probably get rabies!
- I was a barrel racer as a child and youth. My daddy was a cowboy, and we rodeoed all the time. My best friend, Dianne, and I played cowboys and Indians on horseback a lot. We had fun!!!!!!
- My boyfriend in 3rd grade, Jerry Beason...yep, Lisa, I remember his name, too, skipped school to go smoke grape vines at the river. He came back into the school after it was over. My mother and I were visiting with my teacher, and I turned around and punched him in the nose...knocked him down. I don't remember the consequences of this action.
- In 8th grade my girlfriend, Pat's, father was our history teacher. She and I were office aides, and she had not done her homework. She asked to copy mine, and I let her, and he caught us. I was so embarrassed...she wasn't, as I recall.