Christmas Meme from Susie's Space

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate with lots of extra cream


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?

Sets them under the tree and in the stockings


3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored on tree…no lights on house this year due to hip


4. Do you hang mistletoe?

Nope..used to, but as it is poison we just stopped


5. When do you put up your decorations?

My family tradition is always on Thanksgiving, down on Boxing Day. Raf’s was up on Christmas Eve, down on Epiphany. We do mine.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

Turkey and tamales

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

The smell of the Christmas tree as we went to the farm to cut it down…a cedar tree;
most missed memory, my daddy


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
It was during WWII, and Daddy was in the war. The radio said to never tell your children there was a Santa. I was 2…I heard it, asked Mother, and she told me there was no Santa…I love Santa, though, and St. Nicholas

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

We used to let whoever said Christmas Eve gift first open a gift…not any more.


10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree?

All the collected family decorations from other generations and ours.


11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it…but in Texas we don’t have a lot of it

12. Can you ice skate?
Nope, but Raf grew up ice skating and taught the girls!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

When I was a child, it was a cap gun (each year I got a gun and a doll…loved the gun, hated the doll)
Now, though, my favorite was last Christmas when Raf gave me a diamond ring…I’d never had one.


14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Worshiping the Lord Jesus whose birthday we celebrate and keeping the traditions alive.


15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

Mincemeat pie and fruit cake


16 What is your favorite holiday tradition?

From Raf’s parents, we deliver bread on Christmas Eve then go out to eat pizza, then Midnight Mass


17. What tops your tree?

Star

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?

Giving…I love the planning of it all


19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Christian…the whole of Messiah
Secular…Silver Bells


20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy?

Yummy for the little kids…yucky to clean up!


Comments

Kelli said…
I enjoyed reading your Christmas Meme. You and I like our hot chocolate the same way. :0)
Kelli
KaiBlue said…
thats a groovy meme, i laughed at the candy cane one..been there..lol
peace, kai
Susie said…
Wasn't this a fun meme?
Enjoyed reading all your answers!
My best friend always does tamales at Christmas time too!
Anonymous said…
This was such a fun post Sioux! Thanks for sharing. I may have to swipe this sometime this season :-)
Lisa said…
hehe love that you got a gun and a doll! That is too awesome.
Giggles said…
Very fun post! Giggled at the Candy cane too!!

Peace Sherrie
Carole Burant said…
I had so much fun with this meme when I did it too a couple of weeks ago:-) Loved your answers...I'm still shocked that on the radio they were saying never to tell the children there was a Santa Claus! I wonder why? I've never had mincemeat pie....what exactly is in it? xox
Sue Seibert said…
Here are the traditional ingredients:

* 1-1/4 pounds lean beef stew meat
* 2-3/4 pounds Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
* 1/3 pound beef suet, coarsely ground
* 3/4 pounds dark raisins
* 1/2 pound dark brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white vinegar
* 1/4 cup molasses
* 1/2 pound currants
* 1/2 cup apple juice
* 3/4 teaspoons ground cloves
* 3/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
* 3/4 teaspoons ground allspice
* 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/2 cup bourbon or rum, divided

We have a mix that does not use meat any longer, but my son-in-law made one last year with meat.

As to the Santa thing...I think in 1944, that was a "new" way of thinking about things...and my mother was very "modern"!
Gill said…
...did I read this correctly? NO Santa?
Oh well. Jesus IS the reason for the season anyways, right Sioux?
Right!
So let's put Jesus in Santa's seat this year.
Cheers! Loved your answers to the meme, especially about getting a gun and a doll every year!
...you hated the doll? LOL!
xo

Popular Posts