1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate with lots of extra cream
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Sets them under the tree and in the stockings
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored on tree…no lights on house this year due to hip
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope..used to, but as it is poison we just stopped
5. When do you put up your decorations?
My family tradition is always on Thanksgiving, down on Boxing Day. Raf’s was up on Christmas Eve, down on Epiphany. We do mine.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Turkey and tamales
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
The smell of the Christmas tree as we went to the farm to cut it down…a cedar tree;
most missed memory, my daddy
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
It was during WWII, and Daddy was in the war. The radio said to never tell your children there was a Santa. I was 2…I heard it, asked Mother, and she told me there was no Santa…I love Santa, though, and St. Nicholas
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We used to let whoever said Christmas Eve gift first open a gift…not any more.
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree?
All the collected family decorations from other generations and ours.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it…but in Texas we don’t have a lot of it
12. Can you ice skate?
Nope, but Raf grew up ice skating and taught the girls!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
When I was a child, it was a cap gun (each year I got a gun and a doll…loved the gun, hated the doll)
Now, though, my favorite was last Christmas when Raf gave me a diamond ring…I’d never had one.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Worshiping the Lord Jesus whose birthday we celebrate and keeping the traditions alive.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Mincemeat pie and fruit cake
16 What is your favorite holiday tradition?
From Raf’s parents, we deliver bread on Christmas Eve then go out to eat pizza, then Midnight Mass
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving…I love the planning of it all
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Christian…the whole of Messiah
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy?
Yummy for the little kids…yucky to clean up!