Last Day of Waiting

First of all, thanks to all of you who have emailed me and commented on this blog. Your encouragement and prayers are very special to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! (((((HUGS))))) to all of you! Raf will post tomorrow and let you know how everything went.

I just took my 7.5 mg warfarin for the day before surgery. Then no solid food after 9 pm and nothing by mouth, save my morning med, before surgery.




I am taking an antibiotic, and I feared it might be a problem as the anesthesiologist was concerned that I might have fever (I don't) or yellow mucus (Don't have that either), but I finally talked to the doctor's nurse, and she feels it's all go. I really want to get it over with!

Today I completed piecing the quilt, and here are two, not too good, photos. I love it. Some of the largest squares will have embroidered fairies. There are no two pieces of the same fabric.

Next time I want to experiement with using the backs of some of the fabrics. I do have some 5" squares to work on in hospital. I am not sure what I am going to do with them. Got them at Quiltin' Tia. It and the shop in Graham, Texas, (can't remember the name) are my favorite fabric stores right now. The lady in Graham doesn't quilt, but she cuts out tons of fat quarters. Beautiful fabric.

Today we had Father Phil Swickard. He will serve as supply this month, except next week when Canon Hough celebrates. Then we will serve every other Sunday after Father John Phelps moves in the rectory and we begin sharing with the lake and Graham.

God bless our bishop, Jack Iker, and our canon, Charles Hough, as they fight the fight against the devil lurking inside the Episcopal Church. I hope our diocese, Fort Worth, votes to leave TEC and finds a bishop who will be our APO. Wish we could be at the convention.

Well, I'll stop now. Talk to you all on Tuesday. Cheers!!

Comments

Pam Aries said…
I am sending you BIG Glittery Get WEll wishes!
Anonymous said…
Good Luck. Get Well Soon with the Glitter Flying. ((((HUGS))))
Anonymous said…
Dear Sioux.........i'm sending you prayers for a great outcome.......my thoughts will be with you throughout the nite and all throughout the day tomorrow!

Love and light,
Violette
Anonymous said…
Sending you lots and lots of wishes for quick healing, Sioux!

xoxo
Lin said…
Prayer's a comin' .....!!
altermyworld said…
Dear GPS,
I am sending loads of angels your way, i know they will band around you and keep you safe and calm. Heal soon and know i will be thinking about you.
Ang
Sending you healing and well wishes on the wings of a big glittery bird.....watch for it!!! Look forward to Raf letting us know how well you did!!
BIG HUGS
XOXO
KaiBlue said…
The goddess of supreme glitter waves her wand of precious hopes and loving dreams over you..
Heal sweet sis..
PEace, Kai.

Popular Posts