Journal...New Year's Eve

Today is New Year's Eve. The end of 2010 - the beginning of 2011. I have been so busy this week, and sick, that I haven't even tried to journal. In fact not since the day after my birthday.

Here is what I have done this week:

Reviewed Galley Proofs from Mineral Wells book, corrected, mailed √
Raf printed out the query for Back to the Brazos, I write the letter, mailed √
Finished the proposal for the Palo Pinto book, mailed √
Write my Chasing Our Tales column, submitted √
Taken all but one pill in the Z-pack (still sick) √

This is the journal entry after my grandson, John, gave me roses and callalilies for my birthday.
Theses are the real flowers...beautiful. I believe calallilies are now my favorites!
Tonight we will be going to our good friends, Louise and Jim's house, for an early New Year's celebration. None of us are late away from home people, and Raf and Jim are also sick.

Tomorrow if we feel like it, we will go to Euless to an annual New Year's Day gathering of guitar friends. Our friend, adopted son, Bill Chandler, died on Christmas Eve, and we are planning on making a CD for his wife dedicated to his memory. Also, a very, very close friend had a stroke the day after Christmas. God bless them and their families. This has been a hard couple of weeks.

So Happy New Year to you all. Go here to hear Dan Fogelberg play

Same Old Lang Syne


Comments

Popular Posts