Drawing at the Famous


The Famous Water Company in Mineral Wells uses the old wells which were discovered in the 1800's a curative...the water with lithium cured "The Crazy Lady". Today the Famous sells water and in the spring they also serve meal Saturday, June 17, beginning at 7pm. Reservations are suggested.

Carol Elder, owner, is allowing me to come to the garden and draw. Here is a lily I drew this morning. I used micron pen with prismacolor colored pencils on moleskine. I tried the technique Cynthis Padilla uses of not coloring in all the plant.

Comments

Lin said…
LOVELY, Sioux!! Reminds me of stained glass!
Teri said…
It's beautiful Sioux! You really captured the yellow so nicely. I like the way Cynthia does her 'half done' drawings also. It is effective.
Donn said…
Another great one, Souix. I like the way you did it. Interesting!
Jennifer said…
I like the look of the not all colored in leaves ... very cool!
Jana Bouc said…
Lovely drawing and very nice composition. The flower sparkles with life.
Pam Aries said…
HI Siouxie!!!!! We miss you at Violette's! I see that you are busy busy busy! I like your flower! and enjoyed the little story about the Wells!!!! would you send me some of that WATER!! hee hee Pam Aries http://artaries.blogspot.com ----Come visit my new Site!
Anonymous said…
Lovely and fresh, Sioux! I really like the negative spaces between the leaves and around the lily blossom.
Anonymous said…
It lent my evening a morning freshness. Lovely indeed!
Anonymous said…
Lovely composition

Popular Posts