Robert Elmer "Bob" Dillard -- RIP


Robert E. "Bob" Dillard, of Midland, Texas, died Tuesday, March 6, 2007. Bob was born August 22, 1947, to Elmer B. and Silva Louise Ficke Dillard in Midland, Texas. He was a graduate of Midland High School. He proudly served his country in the United States Army during the Vietnam War. His tour of duty was from 1969 until 1970, and he was with the 7th Psychological Operations Battalion. After his discharge, Bob attended Texas Tech University, graduating in 1974 with a degree in Sociology. He joined the staff of Midland MHMR working at the CLEW Center from 1974-1978. In 1978, he began a career as an independent petroleum landman. Bob, under the guidance of his father and mother, attained the God & Country award at First United Methodist Church of Midland, received his Order of the Arrow, and became an Eagle Scout in the Boys Scouts of America. He was a member of the Permian Basin Landman Association.

Bob was my second younger cousin (there were 8 of us), age 59. I can't really think of a world without Bob in it, even though we have not been close as adults, I loved him dearly. We grew up together...in different towns. My father and his mother were brother and sister. There were 8 children in their family, and from those 8, there were but 8 in mine and Bob's generation.

Bob, may your soul rest in peace and may light perpetual shine upon you. Amen.

Comments

Terry said…
Dearest Sioux..My heart is aching for you..Love Terry
Carole Burant said…
((((Sioux)))) I am so very sorry to hear of the death of your cousin. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! xoxo
Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry for your loss, Sioux. Sending (((hugs))) and prayers your way. XO
TJ said…
my condolences my friend!
(((hugs)))
Sheila said…
Thinking of you Sioux, and all of Bob's family at this sad time..
xx
TO BECOME said…
So sorry for your loss. May God bless and give you comfort. Connie from Texas
Susan said…
He was not quite 4 months older than I. My sincere sympathy for you and your family. It sounds like you were very close. Funerals aren't about who we really were, just about the way some people want us remembered. I want to be remembered with my warts.
tbird said…
Thank you for remembering my daddy; he was a big part of my life for sure. Not a day goes by when I don't think of him.

Popular Posts