Rainy Day MEME
MEME...me, me, me - - -drip, drop
1. What time did you get up this morning?
9:45 am...retirement is so good!
2. Diamonds or pearls?
Both...Raf got me a fresh water pearl ring right after we were married and a friend of Carolyn's stole it, so Christmas of 2005 he got me a diamond ring. What makes them special is that he got them for me.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
The last Harry Potter movie...and the next one will be the next. We don't go to the movies. We wait and pay per view or rent them.
4. What is your favorite TV show?
Day time--As the World Turns and Jeopardy, Night time--Survivor
5. What did you have for breakfast?
Home made sour cream pancakes today.
6. What is your middle name?
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
Seafood and Italian
8. What foods do you dislike?
Cottage cheese, buttermilk, beer, and coffee
Ruffles have ridges!! With a good dip!
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
Guy Clark's newest one
11. What kind of car do you drive?
Ford Expedition...pulls the trailer beautifully, too
12. Favorite sandwich?
13. What are characteristics you can’t stand?
14. What are your favorite clothes?
casual...jeans, shorts, bare feet
15. If you could go anywhere on vacation where would you go?
UK...I would love to spend a couple of months in England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales
Where is sixteen?
17. Where would you want to retire?
Since I am retired in North Central Texas, I guess that's where!
18. Favorite time of day?
19. Where were you born?
Stephenville, Texas, hospital
20. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Don't watch much sports. World's Strongest Man; Sumo Wrestling; Olympic sports for individuals
21. Coke or Pepsi?
Dublin, Texas, Dr. Pepper, of course!!
22. Beavers or ducks?
I like to see beavers swimming when we go up the creek to Lost Lake. Love to see Whistling Ducks in Rockport, Texas...so, both
23. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
NIGHT OWL --who, who
24. Pedicure or manicure?
Having never had either, I prefer a full body massage!
25. What did you want to be when you were little?
Something to do with wildlife and animals...but girls weren't allowed then. Later, a Christian educator.
26. What is your best childhood memory?
Any memory with Daddy and horses
27. Ever been to Africa?
Haven't been...don't want to go!
28. Ever been toilet papering?
That was not a sport of the 1950's...so, no.
29. Been in a car accident?
Several...for a while there in Nashville, Tennessee, I thought little old men were out to get me. One wreck broke my back.
30. Favorite day of the week?
31. Favorite restaurant?
Aventino's Italian Restaurant in Fort Worth...and we are going there tonight!!
32. Favorite flower?
Standing Cypress--a wild flower in Texas
33. Favorite ice-cream?
Braum's German Chocolate
Don't do a lot of fast food...I guess right now, Baker's Ribs
35. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
None...you see, my daddy was the friend of the tester. I knocked down the barrels when parallel parking, but he passed me!!
36. From whom did you get your last e-mail?
37. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
If I didn't have to pay it back...hummmm, probably Barnes and Noble or Joann's
38. Last person you went to dinner with?
Raf, or course. Tonight we are going out with Kate Phelps, Father has to give a talk at a church, so he can't go.
39. What are you listening to right now?
rain and thunder...beautiful!
40. What is your favorite color?
41. How many tattoos do you have?
none, I've been tempted, but no...
42. How many are you sending this Email to?
I am posting it on my blog for all to see!
43. What time did you finish this e-mail blog entry?
Well, it's 12:47 pm...electricity just came back on...but, I haven't finished yet!
44. Favorite magazine:
Cloth, Paper, Scissors
45. Coffee or tea?
Tea...chai tea, especially...can't stand coffee. Tried to learn to like it when I was a young adult, but I couldn't!
46. Do you tan easily or burn easily?
Burn...with this fair skin!!
47. Do you color your hair? If so, how often?
God does that for me...wish I had more gray, though. I have 7 grandchildren; I deserve it!!
48. What was the first car you ever purchased without the help of your parents?
I have never purchased a car on my own!
49. What is your most dreaded household chore?
50 Who do you tag to complete this meme?
Anyone who reads this blog and wants to meme, go for it!
And I will leave you today with the words of St. Francis from my devotion today:
Blessed is the servant who loves and respects his brother as much when he is far away from him as when he is with him, and who would not say anything behind his back he would not say with charity in his presence.