Catonsville--All Saints Convent

Today we had a leisurely drive from Montross VA to Catonsville MD. You would never have known that there was Washington DC on our left and Baltimore MD on our right. The traffic was good. We got in about 3 pm and made it to the Convent in time for Vespers at 5pm. At 6:30 we met Sister Julia Mary for about an hour and had a wonderful visit. The Convent is the most inspirational, meditative, full of God place I have ever visited. The chapel is beautiful with a huge rock altar and a wonderful rood screen.

Tomorrow at 1pm we will go back and visit until 4:30pm when the Sisters begin their week of silent retreat there at the Convent. We are hoping to take a lot of photos and to create a more useful, modern website for the Sisters.

For those of you who do not know, the Sisters have a Scriptorium with lovely greeting and holy cards. They can be ordered. Click on the link above, and you will find the phone number to order a cataloge.

More photos tomorrow including one of us with Sister. Also Raf wants to find Appalacian Blue Grass Shoppe in Catonsville.

Comments

JaKo said…
It seems you have really nice and inspirational trip.And apparently you enjoy it !
Shopaholic D said…
Sounds like a lovely trip! I'm looking forward to your new pictures.

LOVE the picture on the homepage of your web site...I believe it was a cactus? So pretty! I should hire Raf to do photography for my jewelry....oh yea, except I doubt I could afford it!

:-) Diana
Melissa weekley said…
I live close by the convent and actually have driven by many times. I believe they sell Xmas cards as well,that is what I have heard. It is a very quiet part of the town.

Popular Posts