Dani's Quilt




I have now completed my first quilt. It is 40"X40"...a lap quilt I have made for my oldest granddaughter, Danielle. She will be 13 in November. The top is cotton while the back is minky. Dani's favorite colors are pink and green. The batting is a soft poly for baby blankets...can't remember the brand. I got the batting and minky at Quiltin' Tia's in Weatherford. They have had their store there for about 9 months, but they have been online for over 3 years.

Anyway, Dani's quilt is a lap quilt. I made is as soft as I could to encourage snuggling. I machine pieced it and machine quilted it. I bound it in the minky, as well. The center block was embroidered on my Innovis 4000D.

My next project is a turning twenty for one of my daughters. I am going to use 30 different fabrics and back it also in minky...maybe the star moon pattern. I will embroider several of the 10 1/2"X10 1/2" squares.

I am also going to see Susan (Tia) to get charm squares so that I will have hand work to do when we go to South Padre, Wimberley, and when I have my hip surgery. If you've read this far, the surgery will be the first part of November to replace my right hip. Please keep me in your prayers...this is my first ever surgery!

((((HUGS)))) to all of you...from Sioux

Comments

KC Quilter said…
Congratulations on finishing your first quilt!!! It's a beauty and I'm sure your granddaughter will love it. Best wishes on your hip replacement surgery.
jenclair said…
I agree, Congratulations! It does look warm and snuggly and feminine. She will treasure it!

Popular Posts