DNA


My grandmother was one of 17 children from Braymer, Missouri.  Her name was Harriet Elizabeth McBee, and she married my grandfather, John Ficke.  They settled in Wheeler County, Texas, and raised 8 children, the second oldest one was my father, John McBee Ficke.

A couple of years ago I took a DNA test through Ancestry.com to discover more about my family.  After that I have made connections with many distant, and some not so distant, cousins.  I just received these photos from one of them.


Many of this family traveled the Oregon Trail, while my family stopped in Missouri.  This is probably a photo of Richard C. McBee and Genevieve Casterline who were married 23 December 1917.  They were part of the Oregon bunch.

Interestingly, one of my McBee/Ficke first cousins' mother married a man name Linebarger (her second marriage).  In the group of photos I received was this:

This is the funeral card of Elizabeth McBee Linebarger, 1837-1889, daughter of William McBee and Elizabeth Milligan.  

Small world, isn't it?



Comments

Popular Posts