A Day in the Life of a Retiree

All I can say is, "HA!"

Yesterday morning I got up before 8, as now that I'm retired I find I can't sleep past 8!   Whoever get up first unloads the dishwasher from the night before and feeds the cat - feeds the cat first, as a matter of fact, for else!

Then Raf makes his coffee, and I get our water.  We need to have water by us all the time.  I learned this when Mother was older.  Drink Water!

At 8 I made a new coffee cake recipe.  I baked bacon, and when it was done, we had breakfast.

After breakfast I began a pot of soup for supper, cutting up vegetables, glazing meat, and in general, making a stock for a good pot of soup.

I then bathed, and together with the cat who always sits with me when I read my Bible, I read a few chapters of Jeremiah.  I am slowly reading my way through the Bible, as I have never done that.  The Apocryphal books, included.

Following Jeremiah, I put a load of clothes on to wash.

Then I came into my office to write the next chapter of my new book, Murder on Dodson Prairie, and then I put up a short blog and wrote some about genealogy.

I did some genealogical research for my grandson, and then I did some writing for DAR.

I dried the clothes and prepared for supper.

Yes, I choose to do these things, but as my friend Margaret told me long ago, you are busier after you retire than before.

Rest in peace, Margaret!

Comments

Sue said…
When hubby retired, a gentleman told us he'd be bored and restless within 6 months. It's been 9 years now and we don't have time to be bored. Every day is filled with wonderful things and he often wonders how he used to find time to work.
Annie Jeffries said…
Your life is so full, Sue. I love the way eveything blends and flows. Is this the routine you follow most days?
Annie Jeffries said…
Your life is so full, Sue. I love the way eveything blends and flows. Is this the routine you follow most days?
Annie Jeffries said…
Your life is so full, Sue. I love the way eveything blends and flows. Is this the routine you follow most days?
Sue Seibert said…
Yes, this is about a daily routine. Cooking breakfast and supper and writing and Bible reading in between with a gander at "The Bill" on You Tube!

Popular Posts