Hear, O Israel! Hear You Whole World!

Hear, O Israel!  The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.  Therefore, you shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength.  Take to heart these words which I enjoin on you today.  Drill them into your children.  Speak of them at home, and abroad, whether you are busy or at rest.  Bind them at your wrist as a sign and let them be as a pendant on your forehead.  Write them on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates.
Deuteronomy 6:4-9


I do believe the Lord wants us to speak out our faith, to not hid it under a basket, but to show its light from the highest hill we can find.

I try to do that.  I am often not successful in my actions, but I do endeavor to do it.  I am more successful in my words.

When I write about my faith, I am blunt and to the point - as in the case of the abortion issue in the Texas House of Representatives and Senate.  I believe abortion is murder, no matter at what stage one has an abortion.  And I believe that God commanded us to not murder anyone!  So that is what I said and will continue to say.

I found an apologist...not in THAT sense...a real apology, on Facebook, from a person who said they believe abortion is murder but didn't want to make anyone mad but, rather, chastised those who, well, called it what it is!  Amazing.  They also said as Christian we have to show love.

Yes, I believe "love the sinner, hate the sin", but I can't just step quietly away and think it!

What is that modern saying?  "If I don't stand for something, I will fall for anything!"  Yep, I believe that's so!

So, whatever it takes, we as Christians must stand up and be counted.  We cannot cower under that basket.  We cannot call ourselves Christians and to nothing...say nothing!  We must "write it on our doorposts and our gates" for all to see.  We must show that light on the highest hill.  We must love, as Christ loved us!

May God keep us firm to the end, irreproachable on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Comments

Annie Jeffries said…
That guy needs to grow a spine. Pro-life and chastising those who speak out because THEY are afraid to make people mad doesn't say much good about that individual. Kudos to Texas for standing for life. Now if we can chisel the abortion time down even further . . . .

Popular Posts