Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread and Good Friends

We've had a great weekend and beginning of this week.  We ate a lot of good food and visited with good friends.  All around, it was a lot of fun!

I had found this recipe on Facebook...one of the best sources I have found for recipes.  Because I am usually reading Facebook on my iPad, I usually share recipes, etc., so that later I can go to my desk top computer and print them out.

This recipe caught my eye for simplicity, and it looked very tasty, so I made it!

 As you can see, it bakes well in one of those disposable round baking pans that can be left somewhere to be thrown away later.

Cheesy Ham Biscuit Pull-Aparts 

1 (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup diced ham
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 11 x 7 or 12 x 8 glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat egg and milk with a wire whisk until smooth.  


Chop the ham and measure out the cheese and onion, to be ready to put into the bowl.

Separate dough into individual biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Gently stir biscuit pieces into egg mixture to coat evenly. Fold in ham, cheese, onions and granulated garlic. Spoon mixture into prepared dish, arrange biscuit pieces in a single layer.  And be sure they are in a single layer, or it won't bake through!

Baked at 350 for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. You can either cut into squares or just pull apart and serve.  Pull apart works great!



We took this to a welcome home party for a student Raf had years ago who now lives far away and works as an engineer.  Everyone seemed to like the food, but the visiting was the best part of the get together.


The next day we were guests of friend at a dinner of the Confrerie St. Etienne.  We had a marvelous time with friends, old and new, and ate and drank things from Alsace.  Here I will share a few of our moments.



And, thank the good Lord, we have had rain since Sunday.  I guess our Texas trees were not expecting rain, because one of our neighbor's trees just fell over!
And yesterday on Facebook someone around here noted that it was bean weather.  I agreed, so I made a crock pot of pinto beans with fresh tomatoes, fresh onion, fresh basil, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.  Combined with Italian sausage, fresh tomatoes, and raw onions!  Yummy in my tummy again!

Comments

Jim said…
Hi Sue ~~ Looks like a good time was had by all. I was wondering where Raf had taught?

Those beans look every bit as good as the rolls with goodies around. A nice three or four bean salad would be in order for hot weather eating too. I make mine sweet and sour.
..
Hootin Anni said…
Your 'bean day' looks might delicious!!! I love the pull apart breads...I make something similar but with cheeses, onions, and jalapeno peppers...then top it off with a heavy sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.

Oh we here in coastal Texas got some rains too. And I hope more to come...but nothing to make a tree just collapse.

Barbara said…
That cheesy bread looked good. Glad you got rain. We are expecting storms later and hope it cools the temps. down. 95f last week was just too much without air-con especially at night.

Popular Posts