Crepes for Birthday Breakfast

Today is Raf's 71st birthday, and, as always, I asked him what he wanted for breakfast.  He said, "Crepes."

Raf as a baby, being held by his grandfather, with his father on the left...all three Ralph Spurgeon Seiberts, Sr., Jr., and III!

Now I realize that crepes are usually wrapped around some sort of filling, either sweet or savory, and can be served for a meal or a dessert, but we have always had crepes for breakfast -  with syrup and butter!

Although many cooking shows to the contrary, crepes are practically fool proof.    Here is my recipe, clipped from an old Farm Journal cookbook from years and years ago...in fact, this is my second, almost worn out Homemade Bread by Farm Journal!  I am adding photos from today's breakfast.

Crepes

1 cup milk
3 eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

That's it.  Put the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk.  Then add the milk and eggs and whisk the daylights out of them.  And they are ready.

Use a crepe pan or omelet pan.  Spray pan between each crepe with Pam.



Flip crepe when it is no longer liquid.
Serve.



Happy Birthday, Raf, to the dearest person in my life!  I love you so much!

Comments

Popular Posts