I am Still Here!

I really intended to post every day, and, of course, life got in the way, again!

I want to write something each day, so I hope you will follow me and encourage me to do just that!

I am going to show you some of my garden today as a way to get back into the groove.  These photos were taken this morning as I watered.

 Spider web with a bug caught in it.  As this was an iPhone photo, it is blurry.
 Several of these have sprung up in the new part of the raised beds.  They are growing well, although what I planted are not...I believe there is something in the wood that causes plants not to grow the first year.  DO ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS PLANT MIGHT BE?
 Nasturtiums.  These were always in my Granny's garden when I was a child.  Loved to eat them.  Decided to plant a few this year.
 Another nasturtium...red, this time.
 Love fresh basil.  This one is doing great...the one right next to it died.  Hummm....
 We planted 6 tomatoes.  This one is Early Girl and going great.  The three large plants in this part of the raised bed are doing wonderfully and have to be staked because they are so hardy.  The three small in the new bed and just sitting there, neither growing nor dying.
 Zinnas this year are not as plentiful as last year, but the hummingbirds love them.  We never seemed to attract hummers to the commercial feeders, but they love the natural kind!
 Looking down the older raised bed toward the one, huge hollyhock.  To the right you can see nothing much is happening.
 These were supposed to be black petunias, but, as you can see, they are black and yellow.  Disappointing!
 Hollyhock thriving, but the ones planted this year in the new bed are, again, just sitting there.
Celebrating Texas!!!!

You all come back to see us soon!

Comments

Annie Jeffries said…
Lookie you. You surfaced. LOL

Popular Posts