Sharing Photos

Tonight I went to Stephenville to meet with 4 others of the Stephenville Class of 1961. From left to right, Sue, Dianne, Toby, Mary, and Betty. Just got back.

As many of you know I've been pretty scattered of late. Don't know why, but there it is. Anyway, one of the things I've been doing is going through all the photos of my mother and my Aunt Marguerite, and putting them in acid-free boxes and labeling them for future generations. Below are 6 photos I found.

The first three are of me and my first cousin, Ron Johnson. He is a year and three months younger than me, and we are both only children.


These two I found will be part of a Power Point Presentation at my Mineral Wells High School reunion the end of September.

And this one is of me with Terry and Beth Scott. Their parents were my parents' closest friends. This was taken in Coleman, Texas, where Mr. Scott was the high school principal and Mrs. Scott was an elementary teacher. Terry is now back living in Coleman after a distinguished career in the U. S. Army, retiring as a Lt. General several years ago.

Comments

Mary said…
Oh, I love old photos and yours are certainly a treasure. I'm sure you enjoyed sorting all the photos. I really must help Mom get hers organized. She has hundreds.

Happy Independence Day to you and yours.

Blessings,
Mary
Susan said…
Adorable old pictures! Such treasures.
Susan
Carole Burant said…
Happy 4th of July to you and your family, dear Sue! I do hope you have a wonderful day:-)

How fun that you got to meet up with some of your old schoolmates! Going through old photos and labeling them is a lot of work but oh the memories each one brings back. Loved the ones you posted, look at how darling you were...and still are:-) xoxo
I love these old pictures, Sue. They are memories frozen in time; treasures indeed!

Happy 4th of July!

Love and hugs,

Diane

PS: Did you receive the book I sent you some time back? The one you won on my giveaway? Just wondering if it arrived safely....

xoxoxo

D.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful blog..I will send some snow your way! Who knows with crazy weather..we had no snow last winter..only a few weeks of summer left?!
Anonymous said…
The photos are terrific. Sounds like it was alot of fun. Hope your 4th as fantastic!
Dawn said…
Wonderful pictures! That is one of my goals since I retired is to get my hundreds of pictures in some sort of order!

Thanks for stopping by my 4th of July post - I appreciate your comment. Glad to see you back!
Merle said…
Dear Sue ~~ I enjoyed seeing all your photos when you were a little girl and later and with your friends at the reunion Thank you for your comments. Isn't awful how we are always unhappy with the weather. You are too hot, and I am too cold and soon it will be the reverse again.
Keep well and take care, Love, Merle.
Barbara said…
Such a wonderful and thughtful thing to do for future generations.
I do hope they appreciate it when the time comes.
Anonymous said…
Dear Author siouxsue.blogspot.com !
The excellent message, I congratulate)))))

Popular Posts