Rest in Peace, Elmer B. Dillard


The last of a generation, my uncle Elmer Dillard, died on Monday morning at the age of 92.  What a wonderful man he was!  What many problems, trials, and joys he helped me through.  When my daddy died in 1961, Elmer was there.  When Raf and I began living together in 1977, he called me on the phone to ask, "What do you think you are doing?" When Raf needed a place to live in Midland for several weeks, he took him in.  He was my rock after Daddy died, and I sorely miss him.  He was smart, handsome, witty, courageous, loving, helpful, and a good Christian man with a huge heart.

He was married my daddy's youngest sister, Silva Louise.  She was 18 and he was 20 when I was born in 1942.  They pampered me.  She called me "cupie doll".

Oh, the memories.  I shall never, ever forget this man.  He made such a difference and such an impact in my life.

Uncle Elmer, you will always be loved and missed.

His funeral is Friday, April 18, at 2 pm at the First Baptist Church of Buffalo Gap, Texas.

Elmer, rest in peace with the love of your life, Silva (picture here in 1942).

Comments

J C said…
Beautiful words and thoughts, Sue. He will always be at peace now and I'm sure is watching over you.

Popular Posts