Mixed Media and ATCs

I mentioned that I was in a swap group in Willowing.ning created by Tam Laporte.  She has a lot of really neat art going on at her site, including Life Book.  I did Life Book last year, but this year it's going strong, too.

Anyway, I participated in the monthly ATC swap, the theme of which was Keep Calm and . . .  Here are my ATCs, which I have already sent to my partner.


The technique uses pan pastels, Stencil Girl stencils, and Gelli Plate, Lindy's Stamp Gang spritz, along with colored pencil, acrylic paint, pen, and collage papers.  Stencil Girl has some fab videos that show wonderful techniques, which is what I based these two ATCs on.

I then decided to experiment further, so I prepared a series of photos to show you my process.

 Here I used a stencil on the Gelli Plate on heavy drawing paper.
 I next painted Pan Pasel on top followed by using the Gelli Plate and bubble wrap.
 Next, I stenciled a bit.
 Now I sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray...here it was still wet.
 Here is it dry.

 Here with some my my various tools.
And here is the final product. 

It was a lot of fun playing with the various techniques.  I'll probably use this is something very soon!

Have fun, KEEP CALM & PAINT!

Comments

Popular Posts