As we wait for Midnight Mass, I am finding myself contemplating my 2007 New Year's Resolutions as I plan for 2008. My Advent study is Thirty Days on Retreat with the Exercises of St. Ignatius by Paul Mariani. It has been very helpful. Also, this Advent, Father Phelps has been leading us in a study of the Infancy Narratives. These have been so helpful to me.
We have had a beautiful pre-Christmas so far. Our 21st annual party on Friday; our birthday dinner at Aventino's on Saturday; Church on Sunday; delivering bread, eating pizza, and going to Graham; tonight is Midnight Mass. Tomorrow is Christmas Day.
For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given, and the government shall be upon His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.
1. Draw one thing each day...either a challenge, or from lessons, or on my own...DID NOT DO THIS...BUT IT'S WORTH TRYING AGAIN
2. Create one mixed media collage/ATC each week...or more...AGAIN, DIDN'T DO IT
3. Work on a quilt each week...sometimes, but not weekly...did go to quilting club once...WELL, I MADE THREE QUILTS THIS YEAR, TWO WERE FOR CHRISTMAS
4. Plan what to make for Christmas gifts and begin...and finish...MADE CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR ALL FEMALES IN THE FAMILY
5. Participate in at least one swap per month...DID THIS ABOUT HALF
6. Participate more with my Glitter Sisters...NOT AS WELL AS I SHOULD HAVE
7. Keep my studio clean and straight...straighten it NOW...DID THIS TWICE, BUT IT'S A MESS NOW, THANKS TO ME AND TO TURTLE
8. Read at least 60 books in 2007...I've only read 2, am on my third...that's not enough to reach 60...I READ 64, AND THIS MONTH I AM READING FOR ADVENT ONLY
9. Be nicer and kinder...realistic, but I am not near there yet...STILL TRYING
10. Slow down...well, the blood pressure has made this happen...THIS IS HAPPENING
11. Pray daily and read the Bible daily...I have tried, so far not every day...BETTER BUT NOT THERE YET
12. Become more involved in the church...even being ill I have been able to do this...I AM, AND I'M LOOKING FOR GOD'S DIRECTION
13. Blog daily...NOPE
14. Write something daily other than blog...start on that book again??...so far I've only written my 3 columns and one haiku...that's not enough...DID THE NANOWRIMO IN NOVEMBER AND ALMOST FINISHED THE BOOK. I WILL FINISH MY PART AND TURN IT OVER TO RAF.
15. Walk every day, at least on the treadmill...I was doing this until the blood pressure acted up, and doctor said to wait until it's back down...NOPE
16. Keep the house straight...ho hum...so much for that!! AS IF!
Check our website: http://rafandsioux.com