2006 has been a very good year for us. We are very blessed. Raf and I have each other. We lived in a good town with good friends. We have a good family. Not only are we close to our girls, but to many of our cousins and other family members as well. We have our health, a home, food, happiness. We have a wonderful church home in a diocese which is still part of Christianity. This year we have taken several nice trips...one to the east coast and several to the Texas coast. Our grandchildren are doing well in school, and they make us proud. I can look out our french doors and see our bird feeders where many songbirds eat, as well as a sharp shinned hawk. We have 4 cats and a dog.
One of the greatest blessings I have had this year is my blogging friends and my Glitter Sisters. Isn't it wonderful what the power of the internet has done for our lives?
1. Draw one thing each day...either a challenge, or from lessons, or on my own
2. Create one mixed media collage/ATC each week...or more
3. Work on a quilt each week
4. Plan what to make for Christmas gifts and begin...and finish
5. Participate in at least one swap per month
6. Participate more with my Glitter Sisters
7. Keep my studio clean and straight...straighten it NOW
8. Read at least 60 books in 2007
9. Be nicer and kinder
10. Slow down
11. Pray daily and read the Bible daily
12. Become more involved in the church
13. Blog daily
14. Write something daily other than blog...start on that book again??
15. Walk every day, at least on the treadmill
16. Keep the house straight
So, to all my blogging friends, as I will endeavor to encourage you in 2007, I ask that you encourage me, too. I know several of you have tried to push me to draw again, and I guess I just wasn't ready, but I think I am ready now. Today Raf helped me begin to straighten up the studio...still messy from Mr. Raccoon. Tonight we are going to have stir fry and watch a movie and see the New Year in together. And we are going to be thankful for all of our blessings.
It's now 4:47 pm on New Year's Eve. The temperature here in Mineral Wells, Texas, is a sunny 49˚F. The cats are sleeping, the dog is snoring, and I am about to begin fixing our supper.
To all of you I wish a safe, happy, joyous, loving, and blessed 2007!